46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
50 When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52 Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53 And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
- Have you ever experienced joy in church or as a result of being in the presence of God?
- What was it like?
- Have you ever had news that made you incredibly happy to tell people? (An example might be “having a baby.”)
- Have you ever felt that way about the news you have about Jesus?
- At this point the disciple’s lives they had received many initiations from Jesus. Do you think they had any understanding of what those invitations were or the impact they would have?
- Is there an invitation Jesus has extended to you that you need to accept in order to love God more fully?