Matthew 10:26-31 (HCSB)
26 “Therefore, don’t be afraid of them, since there is nothing covered that won’t be uncovered and nothing hidden that won’t be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the light. What you hear in a whisper, proclaim on the housetops. 28 Don’t fear those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul; rather, fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Aren’t two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s consent. 30 But even the hairs of your head have all been counted. 31 So don’t be afraid therefore; you are worth more than many sparrows.
- What situations, people, or places are you afraid of in life?
- Why are you afraid and is there really a reason to be afraid?
- This scripture talks about fearing God. Do you?
- How does a healthy “fear of God” lead to loving God?
- How types of invitations can be motivated by a fear of God?