2 Samuel 9:4-8 (NIV)
4 “Where is he?” the king asked. Ziba answered, “He is at the house of Makir son of Ammiel in Lo Debar.” 5 So King David had him brought from Lo Debar, from the house of Makir son of Ammiel. 6 When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor. David said, “Mephibosheth!” “At your service,” he replied. 7 “Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.” 8 Mephibosheth bowed down and said, “What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?”
- Have you been saved?
- What did you “see” that lead you to want to be saved?
- What are you drawn to in this passage?
- What do you imagine Mephibosheth looks like?
- How do you think he spends his days?
- What kind of an existence is this?
- Is God happy with what is happening with Mephibosheth?
- What does God want for him?
- David invited Mephibosheth to eat at his table. Do you feel that Jesus has invited you to eat at His table?
- If so, what feelings does that create in you?
- Do you love God out of obligation/fear or out of gratitude for the grace you have received from Him?