John 3:16 (HCSB)
“For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
Colossians 1:21-22 (HCSB)
Once you were alienated and hostile in your minds because of your evil actions. But now He has reconciled you by His physical body through His death, to present you holy, faultless, and blameless before Him
Luke 6:27-28 (HCSB)
“But I say to you who listen: Love your enemies, do what is good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
- According to John 3:16, which people are excluded from God’s love?
- Did you deserve to have Jesus love you enough to die for you on a cross?
- Does the fact that God loved you even though you were alienated and hostile to Him say something about how amazing you are or how amazing He is?
- How does God’s love for you set an example and empower you to LOVE OTHERS?
- Do you have the right to wait to LOVE OTHERS until they have become easy to love or worthy of love?
- When you LOVE OTHERS well, does that say something about you, about Jesus, or both?
- How can loving those who are difficult to love help you to DISCOVER JOY?