13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
- What did the council “see” in Peter and John?
- What do you think it means to say, “these men had been with Jesus?”
- Do you feel stronger and more confident after being with Jesus?
- Why should we feel more secure after being with Jesus?
- Does Jesus want us to feel that way? Why?
- Do you think the people in the meeting that day tried to love Peter and John?
- Do you think anything about the experience brought the leaders any genuine joy?
- Do you think Peter and John tried to love and speak the truth?
- Do you think Peter and John experienced genuine joy that day?