Mark 11:8-11 (NIV)
8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields. 9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” 10 “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” “Hosanna in the highest heaven!” 11 Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. He looked around at everything, but since it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the Twelve.
- The disciples will be disappointed after the conviction and crucifixion of Jesus. What do you think they should learn from their disappointment?
- What have you learned about God from your disappointment in the past?
- How has this helped you serve Jesus?
- The crowd misunderstood the way that Jesus was loving them. What do you think may have been on His mind as He saw this crowd?
- What type of joy do you think the crowd would have experienced if they genuinely understood the way in which Jesus was loving them?