Mark 9:2-8 (NIV)
2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
5 Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 6 (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
7 Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
8 Suddenly, when they looked around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus.
- What does this scripture teach you about God?
- Why does God say what He says?
- Who is He talking to?
- What would you have done if you had been there?
- Has God ever spoken to you before?
- How do we get to God?
- Do you think that sharing the story of this event brought joy to Peter, James, and John?
- How was Jesus loving these men by sharing this event with them?