Ephesians 4:31-32 (NIV)
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- Anger can cross a line where it becomes “sin.” Why do we need to get rid of the feelings and actions listed in this passage?
- Why do we hold on to them?
- What value do we think they have?
- Does sin work in a sinful world?
- Do these feelings and actions take us closer to God or further away?
- Why do we need to forgive the offender?
- How can anger work against our calling to love others?
- Have you ever had unhealthy anger rob you of joy?
- If so, how did you move away from that situation?