Ephesians 6:4 (NIV)
4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Hebrews 12:6 (NIV)
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
- Two different commands are given regarding “how” parents are to bring up their children. What are the two commands?
- What is the difference between instruction and discipline?
- How do each of these demonstrate the image of God?
- What does Hebrews 12:6 have to say about this?
- What is the image of God that you carry inside of you?
- Have you ever witnessed parents who appeared to master loving their children well?
- Did they appear to have discovered a sense of joy?
- Have you ever witnessed parents who appeared to be struggling to love their children well?
- Did they appear to have a sense of joy?