Ephesians 2:8-10 (NIV)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Have you ever struggled with the relationship between “salvation” and “good works?”
- What is difficult about this relationship?
- What are the temptations?
- How do “works” relate to your salvation?
- Why do you perform “good works?”
- Explain the following: we do not perform “good works” in order to be saved we perform “good works” because we are saved.”
- How do you love others in your everyday life?
- Do you think there can be a relationship with loving others and serving others?
- How can good works lead to DISCOVERING JOY?