1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
3 When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written: 6 “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.’”
- The Magi worshipped the baby king when they arrived. How did they worship Him?
- How do you worship God?
- Does your worship look anything like what the wisemen did?
- What is involved in worship?
- Why do you think God wants us to worship Him?
- What does worship do for you?
- How were the different people in this event loving each other?
- How did they find joy from that love?