Matthew 2:19–23 (NIV)
19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” 21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
- How can you know that Joseph listened to God?
- What other options did he have?
- What else could he have done?
- How well do you listen to God?
- Are there things that God tells you to do that you don’t do?
- Would you like to change this?
- When would you like to start?
- How did Joseph and Mary’s love for Jesus help you to discover joy?
- Do you think Joseph’s love and support of Mary allowed her to discovery joy during these troubling times?