1 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.’ 4 And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.” So the Israelites did this.
- What does God want from the Hebrews?
- What does God want “for” the Hebrews?
- God has gotten Israel out of Egypt, now He wants to get Egypt out of the Hebrews. What does that mean?
- What beliefs does Israel have?
- They have been in captivity for 400+ years. Do they know who God is?
- Do they know His faithfulness?
- Do they walk by faith or sight?
- Can you trust God?
- Pharaoh was focused on himself and didn’t love the others he ruled. What impact did this have on the joy in his life?
- Moses and the Israelites had many challenging times and were often frustrated with each other. Do you think Moses genuinely loved his people?
- When are some moments when the love of Moses, for the Israelite people, brought him a deep sense of joy?