Revelation 21:1-7 (NIV)
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.
- What is happening in this scripture?
- Describe the way you picture it in your mind?
- What are the emotions that the scripture is trying to communicate?
- What is God trying to tell you through this passage?
- How does this scripture make you feel?
- Which people, on this “first earth”, have received the INVITATION to join God in the new heaven and new earth?
- How will people who accept His invitation SEE GOD once the first earth passes away?
- How will people who reject His invitation SEE GOD once the first earth passes away?