Mark 11:8-11 (NIV)
8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields. 9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” 10 “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” “Hosanna in the highest heaven!” 11 Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. He looked around at everything, but since it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the Twelve.
- When have you experienced disappoint?
- What caused the disappointment?
- Was someone at fault?
- Was it misplaced expectations?
- The people invited Jesus into Jerusalem. Were they inviting Him in because they loved Him or because they loved what they thought He was about to do for them?
- Have you ever invited Jesus into an area of your life because you wanted a solution more than salvation?
- How did that situation work out in the long run?