Mark 9:2-8 (NIV)
2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
5 Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” 6 (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
7 Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
8 Suddenly, when they looked around, they no longer saw anyone with them except Jesus.
- Do you believe that Heaven is real?
- How do you picture Heaven?
- What will you look like there?
- Can you look forward to something that you can’t imagine?
- Are you looking forward to Heaven?
- Why do you think Jesus invited Peter, James, and John to come up the mountain?
- How do you think this experience impacted their relationship with God?