35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.”36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” 39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. 40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
- Have you ever questioned whether or not God cared about you or not? Explain.
- What stands out to you in these verses?
- How do the disciples feel?
- How does Jesus feel?
- In this passage we see that the disciples are still coming to terms with who Jesus is. Have they invited Jesus to be their savior yet?
- How would you describe the feelings these disciples had for Jesus? Would it include love?