Ephesians 1:4-8 (NIV)
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-- 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding,
- What are your thoughts about “Predestination” and “Freewill?
- Why does God have to provide both?
- What is Paul trying to say in this passage?
- What is his main point?
- What does “predestined” mean?
- What does “choose” mean?
- According to this scripture, when were you saved?
- If you have false ideas about what the Bible says about freewill and predestination, what forms of bondage could that leave you in?
- Has understanding God’s nature helped you to find freedom from any false beliefs about Him?