Ephesians 2:4-6 (NIV)
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- How do you connect with people?
- What is your attitude or your approach when you meet someone new?
- Are you indifferent, guarded, hopeful or kind?
- How are you like God and how are you different?
- You were “dead in transgressions” yet God invited you into a relationship with Him. How does that impact the way you feel about your relationship to God?
- If you know someone who is far from God and “dead in transgressions”, is there hope that you can guide them to a place where they can hear and understand God’s invitation?