Ephesians 6:1-4 (NIV)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise-- 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- What did you learn about God, from your parents?
- Was this an accurate picture of God?
- How could biblical training and instruction allow you to invite your children to a life of obedience?
- Which has a greater impact, convincing a child of the wisdom of obedience and discipline or forcing compliance to your rules?
- Does forced compliance to biblical commands show that someone loves God?