1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” 4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- Did your parents attempt to prepare you to live with God for eternity?
- In what ways did they do this?
- Have you genuinely invited Christ into your life as your king and savior?
- When did that invitation happen?
- How did others around you (particularly your parents) impact your ability to Love God?