14 At this they wept aloud again. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her.15 “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.”
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.
- What are some commitments that you have made in your life?
- Did they cost you anything?
- Would you make those same commitments today?
- Why did you make the commitments that you made?
- What was unique about the way Ruth invited Naomi into her life?
- Do you think Naomi was annoyed by Ruth inviting herself along?
- How did invitation impact the way Ruth loved God?