John 13:31-35 (ESV)
31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once. 33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going you cannot come.’ 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- Tell of a time when you showed love to someone who didn’t deserve it.
- Why did you show love in that situation?
- How did the person respond?
- What people are easy for you to love?
- What people are hard for you to love?
- Who do you spend most of your time and energy giving love to?
- How does your love for others impact their life?
- If you were to make a commitment to truly love someone, how would that change your relationship with them?
- How would that change your attitude towards them?