Matthew 2:13-18 (NIV)
13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream.“Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”
16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. 17 Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled:
18 “A voice is heard in Ramah,
weeping and great mourning,
Rachel weeping for her children
and refusing to be comforted,
because they are no more.”
- How well do you handle opposition?
- Do you have a strategy?
- What kinds of opposition have you faced in your life?
- Where was God during your time of opposition?
- Mary and Joseph essentially invited Jesus into their lives. How did this show their love for God?
- Did this love come with a cost?
- Has your love for God ever cost you something?
- Was it worth the price you paid?