Matthew 2:19–23 (NIV)
19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” 21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
- Do you consider it your responsibility to take care of God’s business?
- If so, is this a privilege we are given or a burden we should bear?
- How do you think Mary and Joseph feel in this passage of scripture?
- Does anything surprise you about how the story is playing out?
- Would you have been confused if you had been Joseph or Mary?
- Does God have a purpose for everything that happens in this story?
- Joseph obeyed God. Did this make his life easy?
- Did Joseph’s obedience display his love of God?
- What is the difference between accepting God’s invitation to follow Him and a command to obey Him?