10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!”
13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
15 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. 16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.
- Name a person you have followed that strengthened your confidence?
- Have you ever followed someone who strengthened your fear?
- Based on Exodus 14:10-16 how do you picture this scene?
- Does anything about it surprise you?
- Why are the participants acting the way they are acting?
- What are the emotional states of the different groups?
- Who do you relate to the most?
- How might the Israelite’s situation have worked out differently if they invited God into their situation instead of complaining to Moses about their situation?
- Can you see how God is inviting His people to love Him?