Exodus 15:6-11 (NIV)
6 Your right hand, Lord, was majestic in power. Your right hand, Lord, shattered the enemy.
7 “In the greatness of your majesty you threw down those who opposed you. You unleashed your burning anger; it consumed them like stubble.
8 By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up. The surging waters stood up like a wall; the deep waters congealed in the heart of the sea.
9 The enemy boasted, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake them. I will divide the spoils; I will gorge myself on them. I will draw my sword and my hand will destroy them.’
10 But you blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters.
11 Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you--majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?
- What has happened that caused them to break out into song?
- Should the Israelites be happy when their enemies were killed?
- Why did God have "burning anger"?
- Verse 11 compares Yahweh (Lord) to other gods. Who do you think these other gods are?
John 7:37-39 (NIV)
37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 39 By this he meant the Spirit,whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
- What evidence could you provide that shows the Holy Spirit is active in your life?
- What is the relationship between believing in Jesus and experiencing the Holy Spirit in your life?
- Have you ever met someone who was confused or had a false idea of who Jesus was?
- Did you help them find clarity?