Acts 4:24-28 (NIV)
24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. 25 You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David: “‘Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? 26 The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the Lord and against his anointed one. 27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28 They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.
- When they start praying, what is the first thing on their mind?
- Why is it important to see the power of God before we see our problems?
- What difference does this make in how we address our problems?
- What does it mean for God to be Sovereign?
- What implications does this have for your life?
- Does this give you comfort?
- How was God working to prepare these believers to serve those in their community?
- What types of healing did these believers likely experience?