Mark 2:14-17 (NIV)
14 As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him.
15 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Phariseessaw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
- How does Jesus change Levi’s direction?
- What does Levi have to do in order for Jesus to change his direction?
- Are you following Jesus?
- Has He changed your direction?
- What difference has this made?
- How is Jesus serving Levi and the sinners? The Pharisees?
- How is Levi serving the other sinners?
- How are the Pharisees serving others?
- What potential forms of healing do you see in this passage?