Ephesians 4:18 (NIV)
18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.
- What is the relationship between “darkened in their understanding” and “separated from God?”
- What is the dynamic between the two?
- What is the relationship between “ignorance” and “hardness of heart?”
- How are they related?
- Paul is serving his readers by pointing out the dangers of being like the “Gentiles”. Do you think this same message would serve the “Gentiles” well?
- What forms of healing do the “Gentiles” need to experience in their relationship with God?
- What forms of healing might the original readers on this passage need to have with the “Gentiles”?