Ephesians 2:8-10 (NIV)
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Matthew 7:17 (NIV)
17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
- What expectations does God have of us?
- Are we saved by our works?
- What are we saved by?
- Can you be saved and not live as God’s “workmanship” doing good works in His name?
- How do you know if you are saved?
- What kind of fruit is your life producing?
- How does recognizing that salvation is a free and undeserved gift help you to serve others?
- How does salvation heal the relationship between us and God?