Matthew 3:16-17 (NIV)
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son,whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
John 20:22 (NIV)
22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
Acts 1:8 (NIV)
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Matthew 3:16-17 The Holy Spirit comes down on Jesus like a dove. Why do you think that the Holy Spirit did this?
- What gift happens in John 20:22?
- What are the similarities between what Jesus does and what God does with Adam?
- What does Jesus say in Acts 1:8?
- Why do you think this is so important to Jesus?
- Can you be saved without the Holy Spirit?