Matthew 14:28-29 (HCSB)
28 “Lord, if it’s You,” Peter answered Him, “command me to come to You on the water.”
29 “Come!” He said. And climbing out of the boat, Peter started walking on the water and came toward Jesus.
- Jesus commanded Peter to get out of the boat and he did. Why is it so hard for us to get out of the boat?
- Do you blame the other disciples for staying in the boat?
- Have you ever felt that Jesus is calling you to something greater?
- How did that experience work out?
- When Peter stepped out of the boat, how was he serving the other disciples?
- After abandoning Jesus, how did experiences like this help Peter and the disciples experience healing in their relationships?
- How did healthy relationships help the disciples start the early church?