Ephesians 5:25-31 (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
- There is a purpose for the way a husband is to love his wife, it is found in verse 26-27. What is the purpose listed in these verses?
- Why do most husbands love their wives?
- What is the difference between the two?
- How do these differences affect the way we love each other?
- Is there anything you need to change as a result of this revelation?
- When a husband submits to Christ and serves his wife how might that open doors to experience healing for the husband? And the wife?
- Can you think of a time when people within the church served each other and experienced healing?