Ephesians 5:21-24 (NIV)
Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
- “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.” What are the implications of this verse?
- Can any Christian follow Jesus without submitting?
- Explain how this works in your life?
- “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.” Is this different than “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”?
- Is this insulting to women?
- Can any couple be successful without mutual submission?
- How does this help us with our relationship to God?
- Is it possible to serve your spouse in a way that allows one or both of you to experience healing?
- How might submission be a form of service?