1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” 4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- What role does “honor” play in your life?
- What do you honor and how do you honor it?
- Do you honor God?
- How do you honor God?
- Who can you point to in the bible that honored God?
- How did they honor God?
- In what ways do you honor your father and mother?
- Can you improve in this area? How?
- When you serve others how do you ensure that you are honoring God and the other person instead of trying to bring honor to yourself?
- Have you ever been in a position to serve a parent and then found that either of you experience healing through that service? How about serving a child?