13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- How do we use each of the pieces of armor?
- Is the sword an offensive or defensive weapon?
- What about the shield?
- Are you using the pieces of armor in a way that is consistent with the function of that piece of armor?
- What happens when we are missing part of the armor?
- Are you using all of the pieces?
- How can we best serve others when they are in the midst of a spiritual attack or a season of oppression?
- Have you ever felt that God delivered you from an attack of the adversary?
- Did you need to experience a time of healing after the experience?
- If so, how were others able to serve you during that time?