16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”
- How does Ruth define her commitment?
- What is she telling Naomi?
- Will this commitment make Ruth’s life more difficult? Explain.
- Why do you think Ruth stays with Naomi?
- Who do you “want to be like” Ruth or Orpah? Explain.
- How is Ruth like Jesus?
- How did Ruth serve Naomi?
- What types of healing do you think each of them experienced?
- Vertical Healing (between them and God)
- Horizontal Healing (between each other)
- Internal Healing (self-image, self-esteem, self-awareness)