John 13:4-5 (ESV)
4 ...He laid aside his outer garments, and taking a towel, tied it around his waist. 5 Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
Luke 22:24 (ESV)
24 A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.
- What does Jesus do to serve and love his disciples during this meal?
- Who usually washed feet in the first century?
- Did Jesus have to wash feet?
- What does this tell you about the nature and attitude of Jesus?
- Why didn’t any of the disciples think to offer to wash feet?
- What were some of the other disciples doing during this meal?