John 13:31-35 (ESV)
31 When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once. 33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going you cannot come.’ 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- What command does Jesus give his disciples?
- Is this really a new command? Read Leviticus 19:18.
- What does Jesus add to this command that makes it new?
- What does Jesus say that qualifies or defines the type of love he is commanding his disciples to have?
- What kind of love does Jesus have for people?
- How did he demonstrate his love? Read Romans 5:7-8.
- What are some things that you can do as a small group to help each other follow this command to love one another?