Matthew 2:19–23 (NIV)
19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” 21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23 and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets, that he would be called a Nazarene.
- What kind of “man” was Joseph?
- What does he do that impresses you?
- What do you think Jesus learned from His father Joseph?
- What can you learn from Joseph?
- Joseph served others by raising and protecting the savior of the world. What forms of healing did Joseph’s service pave the way for?
- Do you think the relationship between Joseph and Jesus supported and encouraged Jesus when He was being mistreated by others?