Acts 2:32-38 (NIV)
32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, “‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand 35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’ 36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” 37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- What is happening in these verses of scripture?
- How would you describe the scene?
- What is the main subject of this passage?
- What point is God trying to make?
- What forms of bondage can we find freedom from when we learn that Jesus died and was raised so that we could be saved?
- What false ideas did you have to unlearn before you were able to accept Jesus as your savior?