Mark 11:8-11 (NIV)
8 Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields. 9 Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted, “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” 10 “Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David!” “Hosanna in the highest heaven!” 11 Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. He looked around at everything, but since it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the Twelve.
- What is happening in these verses?
- How do you think Jesus feels?
- How are the disciples feeling?
- How do you think the crowd is feeling?
- What are everyone’s expectations?
- How do these expectations cause disappointment?
- What false beliefs did the people welcoming Jesus have about Him?
- Some people followed Jesus when they learned who He was. What form of freedom did they find?
- Some people turned against Jesus when they found that He wasn’t a conqueror. What form of bondage did they remain in?