35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.”36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” 39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. 40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
- Why does Jesus leave the crowd?
- What purpose does it serve to leave His ministry opportunity with the crowd and venture out into a storm?
- Has God ever lead you in a direction like this?
- At this point the disciples still had much to learn about Jesus. What forms of bondage were the disciples in because of their ignorance and false beliefs about who Jesus was?
- What were some of the things the disciples were able to do once they learned who Jesus really was?