Mark 16:4-7 (NIV)
But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.
“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”
- What happens in this passage of scripture?
- The women “looked up.” Explain the value of “looking up.”
- How does “looking up” differ from “looking down.”
- Would they have seen the empty tomb if they had been looking down?
- Can you see God when you are looking down?
- Is there a place in your life where you need to start looking up?
- What did the women LEARN at the tomb?
- How did the women FIND FREEDOM in what they learned?