Ephesians 4:17-19 (NIV)
17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understandingand separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves overto sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.
- How would you “sum up” what Paul is saying in these verses?
- What stands out to you in these verses?
- Does anything confuse or surprise you?
- Do you live in a way that is different from the world around you?
- How would you help a “Gentile” audience to understand their situation?
- What false ideas might these audiences be finding freedom from?
- Does anyone is your life hold similar false ideas?