Ephesians 4:11-15 (NIV)
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
- What is Paul trying to communicate to the Ephesians?
- Why does Paul use the terms that he is using: Mature, infant, unity?
- Are relationships that are unified usually healthy?
- If we have false ideas about where we are on our faith journey, what forms of bondage can that lead to?
- What is Paul trying to teach us so that we avoid these forms of bondage?