Ephesians 5:21-26 (NIV)
21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
- This passage explains the dynamic that God expects between a husband and wife. Do you find anything alarming about this passage?
- How does this passage compare to our contemporary culture?
- What would our culture say about this passage of scripture?
- What is a false belief that our culture embraces that leaves people in bondage?
- What do you think is the most important thing people need to learn about the love of Jesus?