Ephesians 6:1-4 (NIV)
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise-- 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- God has a way that He wants children to respond to parents and He has a way that He wants parents to raise children. What conclusions do you draw from this scripture about what God wants?
- What does God want from Children?
- What does He want from parents?
- The culture tells our children that parents are out of touch and something to be tolerated. What other false things does the world teach today’s children?
- What forms of bondage are our children experiencing because they have false beliefs about the parent/child relationship?
- What do children need to learn to find freedom from these forms of bondage?