Matthew 14:22-29 (HCSB)
23 After dismissing the crowds, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. When evening came, He was there alone.
- Jesus went up on the mountain to pray. Why was this important to Jesus?
- Is it important to you?
- Have you ever “gone away” to pray?
- What was the experience like?
- Why do you not go away more often?
- The people in the boat were in bondage to a limited view of who Jesus was. Before this event, would they have believed Jesus (or anyone) could walk on water?
- When Peter saw Jesus walking on the water, what false beliefs about himself did he find freedom from? (hint: Philippians 4:13)